Guardianship of An Adult

To obtain legal guardianship of an adult who is unable to care for himself or herself and/or his or her property, you will need to file a Petition for the Appointment of a Guardian for an Alleged Incapacitated Adult. You may pick up the appropriate forms from our office.

General Information

Petition for the Appointment of a Guardian

  • You must have two petitioners or one petitioner and the alleged incapacitated adult's doctor's affidavit to file a petition for guardianship.
  • 遗嘱检验法院 REQUIRES an attorney to file for Guardianship of an Adult.


The initial filing fee is $250.00 (make check payable to 桃县 遗嘱检验法院). There will be a remaining balance that will have to be paid after the hearing.